- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 11 Mar 18 2018-03-11
Data Scientist * Must have proven experience in building, evaluating, deploying and maintaining statistical/machine learning models, as well as a track record of delivering high business impact using Data Science. * Completion of a numerate degree with a high mathematics / statistics content * Proficiency in performing data manipulation and analysis utilizing a standard analytics language (R/Python) as well as proficiency in SQL.
The role of the Data Scientist is to drive improvements to business performance across Barclays through advanced analytics which includes including Machine Learning and Statistical Analysis. The Data Scientist is expected to leverage Barclays unique data sets to develop innovative data solutions for customers and colleagues that deliver significant business impact, and is expected to have strong data capabilities in addition to sound business acumen and commercial capabilities.
The Advanced Analytics and Monetisation (AAM) team solves a variety of business problems across the bank using data science, data engineering, data visualisation and data product development. It is a central team and works across Barclays UK, Barclays Corporate and International and Barclays services limited.
- Apply statistical and advanced analytical techniques to optimise and improve business performance for any Barclays Business or Function for specific business problems and use cases (eg. Fraud, Complaints, Customer Journey etc.)
- Work seamlessly with Business or Function teams to deliver initiatives agreed with the business
- The successful candidate should pro-actively keep their own specialist skills and knowledge at leading edge standard in order to fully fulfil their role
- Must have proven experience in building, evaluating, deploying and maintaining statistical/machine learning models, as well as a track record of delivering high business impact using Data Science.
- Completion of a numerate degree with a high mathematics / statistics content
- Proficiency in performing data manipulation and analysis utilizing a standard analytics language (R/Python) as well as proficiency in SQL.
- Proven Ability to construct, evaluate and optimise core machine learning algorithms and the ability to manipulate data as required for running these. The candidate should also have experience of deploying and maintaining live machine learning or statistical models
- Knowledge and experience in using AWS for data science projects
- Understanding of advanced machine learning techniques (e.g. deep learning methods) and experience in the tools to enable these (e.g. tensorflow)
- Understanding of Big Data is and the data platforms and interfaces involved in using it at Barclays (including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive and Impala).
- Experience with Scala and Apache Spark, as well as basic knowledge of functional programming concepts. Experience with visualisation software such as Qlik or Tableau
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.