- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 Mar 19
Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Team: The Innovation team is an established new product delivery team within S&P Global Platts that is responsible for building and executing a bold vision around using Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Science, knowledge engineering, big data, distributed ledger technology, and human computer interfaces for augmenting various business processes.
The Impact: This role will have a significant impact on the success of our data science projects ranging from choosing which projects should be undertaken, to delivering highest quality solution, ultimately enabling our business processes and products with AI and Data Science solutions.
What's in it for you: This is a high visibility team with an opportunity to make a very meaningful impact on the future direction of the company. You will work with senior leaders in the organization, and business leaders to define, build, and transform our business. You will work closely with other senior scientists and big data engineers to create state of the art Augmented Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning solutions.
Responsibilities: As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for building AI and Data Science models. You will need to rapidly prototype various algorithmic implementations and test their efficacy using appropriate experimental design and hypothesis validation.
MS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence or related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
• Knowledge of commodity focus Price Reporting Agencies, and their pricing methodologies.
• Experience of modelling raw AIS data against commodity focused insight, pricing, and meta data.
• Working experience of Commodity pricing data based from Platts. Consisting of market data, market data categories, and pricing methodologies.
• Ability to demonstrate working experience of sea rails, vessel route mapping, and destination prediction.
• Understanding of refinery operating models, run rates, margins, and capacity models.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of how raw data feeds from eWindow (ICE), AIS, Pricing, and Insight content can be linked together for market modelling and analysis.
• PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence or related field with relevant years of relevant industry experience
• Experience in mentoring or managing junior scientists and engineers, working with business stakeholders and users, providing research direction and solution design
• Knowledge and working experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics, Data Science, Knowledge Engineering
• Proficient programming skills in a high-level language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, Perl, Matlab, R) • Experience with statistical data analysis, experimental design, and hypotheses validation
• Project-based experience with some of the following tools:
• Applied machine learning (e.g. libSVM, Shogun, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow or similar)
• Natural Language Processing (e.g., ClearTK, ScalaNLP/Breeze, ClearNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, or similar)
• Statistical data analysis and experimental design (e.g., using R, Matlab, iPython, etc.)
• Information retrieval and search engines, e.g. Solr/Lucene
• Distributed computing platforms, such as Hadoop (Hive, HBase, Pig), Spark, GraphLab
• Databases: Elasticsearch, Redshift, OrientDB (traditional and noSQL)
Open Date: 4th March 2019
Closing Date: 3rd April 2019
Salary: Competitive & Bonus