- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
- Lead and participate in tasks that use advanced modelling techniques - regression, time series, machine learning, and more - to provide actionable results, to support new and existing products and platforms, and to influence business decisions
- Contribute to the analytic approaches utilized by the team in the development and delivery of solutions
- Maintain and develop knowledge of various unique analytical methodologies and best practices
- Cooperatively work across the analytics team to share knowledge and educate one another
- Work with large and complex datasets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation
- Master's degree in economics, statistics or a similarly quantitative discipline; additional education is preferred
- Five years of relevant analytics, quantitative analysis, and predictive modelling experience (relevant advanced degrees may be considered)
- Proficiency in time series econometrics, advanced statistical and machine learning techniques (random forest, support vector machines, neural networks, survival analysis, Bayesian statistics, etc)
- Ability to quickly understand and analyse new topics and effectively communicate relevant insight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- Strong proficiency in Python or R required.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and/or Hadoop highly desirable.
- Experience in Finance, Automotive, Maritime, Energy or Chemicals is highly desirable
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.