Data Scientist, Defence and Security, Consulting, London and Regions
Your opportunity You can expect to work as part of a growing team to solve our clients' most challenging problems.
We are proud of the impact we have with our Defence and Security clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth and breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission - we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious technology programmes.
We help our clients with all aspects of analytics from developing their strategies. through to implementing solutions. We cross the divide that other suppliers to Government cannot bridge - we discover our client's unique needs with them, help their business change and adapt, innovate together with creativity, design and build-out their agile solutions, whilst coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels.
If you are an experienced Data Scientist with a desire to make a difference and are either already security cleared to DV or willing to be, then this opportunity is for you! Your role
The primary focus of your role will be working on the delivery of key analytics projects, including:
Your work, your choice
- Participate in the design and implementation of analytics solutions considering both the theoretical and practical aspects of the possible approaches under a variety of technical, business, and time constraints.
- Working with clients to support the development of structured analytics strategies and understanding their business challenges.
- Keep updated on your analytical and technical skills and share your knowledge with the rest of the team to facilitate their personal growth and the growth of the practice.
- Communicate your technical findings, models, and insights to different technical and non-technical audiences within the firm and to our clients.
- Supporting with go-to-market offerings, bids and growing the practice.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London, South West & Regions
Suggested work pattern:
Permanent full-time, however our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
An ideal candidate should have a strong scientific or engineering background, a broad knowledge of commonly used statistics and machine learning techniques and technical experience within a commercial environment.
We are currently looking for Consultants through to Managers with specific expertise in the following:
- Business exposure and technical expertise in developing and operationalising mathematical/statistical models, including machine learning, to uncover patterns in large scale data sets;
- Strong understanding of mathematical and advanced machine learning methodologies and frameworks (e.g. MXNet, TensorFlow);
- Experience with a number of data manipulation tools and languages (e.g. Spark, Python, R, Impala, Hive, Pig, SQL etc.);
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national, and have lived in the UK for the last 10 years.
Additional desirable experience and qualifications include:
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience of modern Agile software development methodologies and DevOps practices;
- Exposure to data visualisation tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau);
- Experience of collaborating with software engineers to integrate your solutions into the rest of the client's environment, from design to production;
- Experience with data architecture, cloud architecture and data security/governance;
- Involvement in pre-sales/business development activities.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167032