Data Scientist Team Lead- Trading Enhancement and performance - London based Equity Hedge fund
We are currently working with a top performing equity hedge fund based in London who is looking to add a senior data scientist to their team.
You will be working alongside traders/PM's who are trading discretionary long short equity strategies, looking at trading data to detect patterns and improve performance.
This is a role which looks at trading analytics much more broadly than just timing entry and exit.
You will be leading a number of projects looking at a range of data including but not limited to:
- Analysing performance of trading days
- Analysing the size of PM's most profitable trades
- Looking at Performance and character traits.
- Analysing which traders/PM's take big gambles and when
Its essential that you have some experience and understanding of the equity market as you will need to not only extract the data but also layer in market context to your analysis of it.
Experience working as a data scientist analysing patterns and trends would be highly useful for this role.
The successful candidate will be able to not only analyse the data but know how to read it, what to do with it and understand what is statistically significant.
You should have a passion for data and understand the vision.
Technical skills required include:
• Data visualisation skills - at least the ability to think creatively in terms of analytical output, and Project Manage UI/design devs.
• Familiarity with data visualisation software would be an advantage (D3 package in React; PowerBI; Shiny for R; Dash for python).
• Some knowledge of R is likely to be an advantage given the existing code base - though someone with strong python skills who can pick up/understand R quickly should also work.
• Experience, or ability to serve, as a Team Lead.
To apply please contact email@example.com