Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition’s goal is to provide superior client services. It believes its business success is a direct reflection of its employees and recruits. As such, teamwork, creativity, reliability and integrity are components of a work ethic taken very seriously since the company was founded in 1959.
Continued growth of our successful financial data business is core to the business strategy in 2020 and to that end, Tradition is expanding our data team.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Data Support Analyst to be based within the London office to work alongside Traditions’ global data teams based in London, New York, Singapore and Tokyo.
This position will incorporate a broad range of data activities including:
- Management and control of internal data dissemination delivered to and from major data vendors
- Management and control of external data dissemination
- Operation of Tradition’s data backbone and ensure unrivalled offering to our global financial customers
- Generation of weekly incident and request reports and presentation to senior management
- Management and control of busy incident management and request queues
- Permission systems to allow or restrict access to data and applications
- Work with network and infrastructure teams to diagnose and resolve production issues
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience of supporting data infrastructure/customers
- Financial services experience / interest
- Able to resolve problems in production in a timely manner
- Customer service experience to ensure any issues reported are dealt with quickly and professionally
- Customer relationship management
- Report generation and presentation to management
- Data entry for onboarding of data sets for customers
- Classification of financial instruments
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data systems
- Linux & Windows skills to interrogate log files to assist with troubleshooting issues
- Prioritising & Organising daily schedule
- Approachable to all staff levels in the business
- Discretion / Confidentiality / Trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Good Time-keeping & attendance
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal guidance
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and to implement changes
- Proven track record in carrying out the role & responsibilities
Additional skills and experience beneficial to the role
- Experience with Electronic trading platforms in Fixed Income or Foreign Exchange.
- SQL skills to query databases for the retrieval of large historical datasets.
- Scripting skills to automate (ie. Python, Shell scripts and PowerShell).
- Knowledge of time series databases like OneTick or KDB.
- Monitoring systems like ITRS.
Shift work which can include evenings and weekends to support the business and global teams