Database Manager – Wholesale Distribution, DOOR
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 05 Sep 18 2018-09-05
A newly created role, dedicated entirely to obtain and oversee the content of third party databases and to managing the relationship with the external database management solution firms. This role is critical to the Wholesale sales efforts of the firm, and has the potential to create new opportunities for the business. The role sits within the Global RFP Team and is based in London.
- Coordinate and oversee the gathering of information from the business for input to third-party databases, working with the RFP team and other internal depts. to ensure accuracy of data;
- Develop and implement a robust quality control process of the uploaded content, and to manage the relationship with the external database management solution firms;
- Set up procedures for regular review of content and to work with IT or any external consultants to identify any technological needs and/or solutions;
- Responsible for the downloading of any analysis or reports from the databases as required by the business; to provide regular status updates/reports to the Head of RFP.
External: Contact with external database management companies, third-party providers. Internal: Close working relationship with the Consultant Database Manager, with the ability to deputise/cover for during periods of absence. Risk, Client Reporting, Client Account Management, Marketing, Product Development, Performance, Compliance, Legal, senior executives, Client Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Managers, IT, HR and others.
• Significant experience in asset management industry, ideally with at least 18mths direct RFP writing experience
• Highly organised with an ability to multi task,
• Good written English and good knowledge of English grammar,
• Client and delivery focused
• Good analytical skills, ability to project manage and work to strict deadlines,
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
• Good level of numeracy with a reasonable understanding of financial data,
• Exceptional attention to detail, good proof reading skills,
• Strong PC literacy,
• Willingness to follow processes and implement new procedures,
• Proactive approach to maintaining the information flow within the team
• Good communicator with a mature approach to working relationships within firm
• Familiarity with third-party databases – eg. Mercer, eVestment, CAMRAData, and/or related useful background in database management.
• Threshold competent (completed or studying for IMC exam)