- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Datawarehouse Technical Architect
Datawarehouse Technical ArchitectWho we're looking for
We are looking for somebody to join the Group Data Warehouse (GDW) Team that will be responsible for creating and maintaining Schroders technical architecture. You will look at what tools should be used for what capability, design patterns associated with different tool sets and identifying ways of improving productivity of development teams. Ideally you will come from a development background with a strong understanding of data.
Schroders Global Technology Architecture team is accountable for the IT components of Enterprise Architecture to ensure that Schroders optimises the investment it is making in its IT landscape. Within Architecture the GDW team is responsible for the design and build of Schroders Group Data Warehouse.
What you'll need to do
As a technical Architect you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the GDW technical architecture, looking at what tools in the Azure platform should be used for the capability, apply design patterns associated with different tool sets and identifying ways of improving productivity of within the teams.
You will also:
o Identify, by working with agile teams' System Architects, appropriate design patterns for different technologies and work with developer communities to empower them in these areas.
o Govern the introduction of new technologies into Schroders, including the demise of old technologies
o Identify, by working with agile teams, components that should be used at an enterprise level
o Research new products that will provide Schroders with a competitive edge
o Work with infrastructure and support teams to enable new technologies for other Agile teams.
o Work with the Data Architects, Solution Architects and Infrastructure Architects to maintain an Enterprise Architecture view of the GDW at Schroders
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for:
• Knowledge of Agile and Devops methodologies
• Understanding of iterative delivery and development
• A knowledge of Microsoft Azure as applied to Azure Data Warehouse and its component technologies.
• Understand data modelling and governance as applied to a data warehouse.
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.