Public and Private Equity investment Headhunter for European and Greater China clients
The Deal Manager will fulfil the role as primary contact and relationship manager for all Wholesale Lending Operations activities while being responsible for facilitating Lending Business areas and wider group stakeholders to ensure the banks transactions are managed as effectively as possible, with Risk Mitigation and Data quality at the forefront of the service provided. This offering is to be delivered in way that supports our client's requirements and needs within an appropriate risk framework and control environment.
What are the responsibilities of a Deal Manager?:
Collation of lending pipeline information and distribution to appropriate stakeholders.
Review of Draft Documentation at appropriate stages, with a view to suggesting any changes to improve the operational aspect of the transaction.
- Governance and management of initial pay away conditions in line with the New Deal / Facility checklists
- Booking of New Deals in Lending Source System, ensuring accuracy of data capture
- Completion of Covenant template for booking by SA (within SLA)
- Completion of Security template for booking by SA TM (within SLA)
- Input & tracking of all conditions subsequent, including Credit defined sell downs
- Collation and record retention of transaction With Holding Tax forms, such as W8 & W9 Be forms
- Reconciliation of Derivatives booking versus Loan profiles to ensure the hedge is effective (if applicable)
- Completion and Handover of transaction notes to SA TM (within SLA)
Deal Lifecycle Management:
- Oversight overdue covenants and breaches for escalation (via BU Dashboard meetings)
- Oversight of security valuation and booking accuracy
- Filing of relevant documentation on Global Doc storage site(in accordance with the Filing Policy)
- Oversight of trading and sell down processes
- Oversight of Reconciliations and active management to clear complex breaks and long dated items.
- Management of Portfolio transfers in accordance with the Portfolio Transfer Policy (wiki)
- Oversight of arrears for communication with Business Lines, Credit and Credit support teams within own portfolio
What technical knowledge do we look for?
- Strong experience over a broad and complex product range, including security and covenant management
- Ability to interpret and operationalise complex credit, ancillary & security documentation.
- Strong Understanding of lending risk environment
- Understanding of downstream implications, including finance, funding, risk reporting (market, operational and credit).
- System knowledge and flexibility, ability to navigate and adapt to changes through a constantly changing technical environment
- Ability to negotiate documentation, requirements and verbal interactions
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to build and manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Must be driven to facilitate, drive change and optimise efficiencies
- Pro-active “can do” approach with the ability to problem solve in a collaborative environment
- Illustrate a high level of emotional intelligence, coach ability, self-motivation and positive temperament.
- Be accountable and take ownership for the role.