- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
The Deal Structuring team in SEEL brings specialised insights and skills into deal teams that progress key opportunities.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Job Description DESCRIPTION OF SHELL TRADING & SUPPLY (T&S)
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, LNG, natural gas, electrical power, environmental products, and chemicals and has larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world’s largest energy traders and is a key segment of Royal Dutch Shell’s portfolio. “Shell Energy” includes the energy trading divisions Shell Energy Europe Limited (SEEL), Shell LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT), Shell Energy North America (SENA) and Shell Energy Asia (SEA).
DESCRIPTION OF SHELL ENERGY EUROPE LTD (SEEL)
SEEL trades natural gas, environmental products, power and green power certificates with counterparties including major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities, power generators, large as well as up-and-coming retail gas and power marketing companies, regional and local gas and power distribution companies, gas storage operators, and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
THE ROLE OF DEAL STRUCTURER
The Deal Structuring team in SEEL brings specialised insights and skills into deal teams that progress key opportunities. To that end we work closely with Originators, Traders and Finance Advisors. Deal Structuring primarily brings an independent quantification of the opportunities' overall value, value drivers and key risks as well as advise on how the structure of an opportunity can be optimized. This is especially important for more complex structured deals which have embedded optionality and various contingencies. The team consists of 10 people that have different commodity and regional focusses.
PRIMARY DELIVERABLES FOR THE DEAL STRUCTURER
- Valuing medium-long term structured power transactions
- Identifying and quantifying embedded optionality, and risks inherent in the transactions
- Capable of developing new and novel deal evaluations and can independently build complex models and analytical tools used for risk quantification and valuation of contract structure
- Independently handle non-standard transactions and provide a high confidence result
- Work with commercial project leaders to structure optimal deals, including challenging assumptions and suggesting alternative solutions. Preparing and presenting summaries of above analyses.
- Develop models and work with trading to capture optionality and extract value from acquired structured positions.
- Enhance pricing for I&C customers
An ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience with European Power Deals / Markets
- Previous Experience in Deal Structuring is strongly desired.
- Academic background supported by analytical skills, and education that supports valuation. A quantitative MSc or Phd is preferred.
- Previous exposure to analytical finance, risk management, and trading are also beneficial.
- Good understanding of the theory behind pricing energy derivatives, and the risk metrics to measure.
- Robust understanding of Mark to Market accounting and the impact on transactional returns.
- Excellent analytical / financial skills, business acumen, and demonstrated achievement.
- Programming skills e.g. Python, VBA are a strong plus
- Strong background in European Energy market economics and fundamentals.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, both with peers and Sr. management.
- Proven ability to work within a complex team
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.
No. of Positions 2
Disclaimer Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Vacancy, Londen, Fulltime, Deal structurer, Finance, Risk Management.