Debt Capital Markets Analyst Program
What you'll do
Debt Capital Markets (DCM) is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking division at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. DCM professionals originate, structure, risk manage and execute debt products, including bonds (across public and private markets), loans and acquisition finance. Our clients include corporates, sovereigns, supranationals, agencies and financial institutions. Post-origination, we continue to assist our clients with their ongoing debt portfolio management through liability management and derivative transactions.
Debt Capital Markets works closely with Corporate Banking and Investment Banking (client coverage) and Global Markets (trading and distribution). Therefore, candidates who have a natural interest in both markets and corporate finance will find it a particularly rewarding environment.
As an analyst within DCM, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting DCM and ECM professionals with deal origination and execution across a diverse range of product areas
- Developing an understanding of market fundamentals and making contributions on an array of financing strategies that address clients' needs
- Working on live transactions and interacting with clients and professionals across the bank as you build your network and experience
- Working as a product specialist with clients at top management level to create & deliver financing solutions through DCM products
- Designing tailored presentations for clients that outline solutions to their financing needs (e.g. general corporate financing, acquisition financing)