Debt Capital Markets Associate
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active across the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Overview of the Department/Section:
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries MUFG Securities EMEA plc, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities Asia Limited. and MUFG Securities Asia (Singapore) Limited. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active acrossthe international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
The Debt Capital Markets team helps our clients address their financing needs by acting as the intermediary between the MUFG’s significant corporate customer base, as well as a broad range of public sector and financial institutions, and the firm’s global investor base to provide a bespoke service and direct multi-currency access to the international capital markets.
From origination and underwriting to interest rate and cross-currency hedging activities, we focus on determining the most effective funding strategies for our clientsby gauging a wide variety of issuer- and market-specific factors.
Main purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join the DCM Origination team, focusing on the origination of bonds and for corporate issuers in UK, Nordics, and Netherlands
• Writing marketing pitches and responding to requests for proposals, with the aim of participating in, and subsequently leading bond transactions
• Monitoring and analysing credit market developments and updating a broad range of marketing material
• Monitoring and analysing interest rateand cross currency swap markets in order to identify financing opportunities
• Build relationships with different product groups across MUFG
• Working closely with bank relationship managers to ensure a coordinated approach to MUFG clients
• Internationall travel may be required
• Comply with and ensure that all staff under your responsibility (where applicable) comply with, MUFG’s policies and procedures as well as all rules, laws and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
• Degree Level educated or equivalent
• 3-5 years Capital Markets experience
• Strong quantitative / numerical skills
• Team player with excellent communication and quantitative skills
• A pro-active, motivated approach
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritise work and perform under pressure
• A creative and innovative approach to work