Deferred Compensation Analyst
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Deferred Compensation Analyst to become a subject matter expert on Schroders deferred compensation plans.
You'll provide effective, efficient, accurate and professional deferred awards support to the business and the Compensation team.
You'll be busy hands on and can-do. Identifying opportunities for process improvement, maintaining records, reporting and system transactions. Working with colleagues across Continental Europe, Asia, the US and Latin America, and the UK.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Human Resources team is responsible for ensuring that Schroders maximises the return on its investment in people. We do this through the development and implementation of policies and practices that attract, reward and retain high quality employees.
The Compensation team is responsible for the development and implementation of the company's remuneration policies and practices. We support all lines of business and provide advice, guidance and support for all compensation activities. This involves developing compensation policies; working closely with the HR Business Partners; gathering market data on compensation and benefits practices; designing appropriate incentive arrangements; implementing the annual compensation review; and managing our deferred award plans.
What you'll do
• Become a subject matter expert on Schroders deferred compensation plans, including the application of the relevant plan rules
• Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of key deferred awards processes, for example daily processing to support Schroders' employee payment service, settling share-sale proceeds from deferred compensation awards for employees outside the UK, preparation of grant files
• Proactively prepare regular reporting and analysis
• Continuously identify and implement process improvements, to reduce risk, improve efficiency or address issues
• Document workflow and work procedures and conduct appropriate checks to ensure data integrity
• Analyse large volumes of data from multiple sources
• Input data into HR systems so that accurate records are maintained
• Provide deferred compensation support for members of the Compensation team
• Actively listen and ask questions to ensure a full understanding of processes
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience supporting deferred award plans
• Intermediate proficiency with HRMS and reporting tools (Oracle and Discoverer desirable)
• Proven track record of accurate and timely delivery across a range of concurrent processes, with unrelenting standards of excellence
• Question and challenge the current approach, whilst keeping the end-goal of the process in mind
• Identify issues, risk and conflicts and ask for assistance or support when needed, in a timely, constructive manner
• Numerate and analytical with proven experience of data analysis and presentation
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Good interpersonal skills, to build and maintain key relationships
• Results / delivery focused
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• ICSA Certificate in Employee Share Plans desirable
• Experience of working within an HR environment desirable
• Demonstrable curiosity and passion to learn about Asset Management/ Financial Services
What you'll be like
• A really good communicator - great at listening, knowing what to ask, and dealing with sensitive issues clearly and tactfully
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Someone with a real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.