Deloitte Consulting, Technology Delivery - Senior Manager/Director, Multiple Locations
The opportunity Industry-leading clients. An award winning culture. First rate connections. Big opportunities.
At Deloitte, you'll work with the best in the business to solve the toughest problems in business. From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level.
Technology Delivery is an exciting and fast-growing area of our consulting business. We work on projects and programmes across a wide portfolio of clients in all sectors. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be our clients' trusted advisors and implementation partners. Your role
As a Delivery Director or Senior Programme Manager in the Technology Delivery team you will typically have a leadership position on a complex business transformation programme (enabled by technology, innovation, cloud platforms), leading a team of Deloitte consultants to deliver a client outcome.
Your work, your choice
- You will have the opportunity to nurture relationships with senior clients, to shape and sell extensions or future programmes
- You will have the benefit of coaching, support and leadership from our partners, who have unrivalled experience of technology implementation and industry sector expertise
- In turn, you'll be able to coach and support the 'next-gen' consultants as they grow and gain experience and help build the technology delivery community
- You will also help to build our internal capability to improve the way we deliver technology programmes
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: We are recruiting in a number of locations including London, the Southwest, Northwest, Midlands and Belfast. We work closely with our Clients at their offices and the role may involve travel for up to 4 days a week for specific durations of time based on defined programme needs or phases.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time. What we are looking for
We are looking for leaders who understand how to deliver technology transformation and the potential it holds for our clients, and can bring their experience and expert knowledge to our clients.
Your service line - Consulting
- You will have significant experience of leading multiple end to end technology projects and programmes, with recent experience of leading a major project or programme. We are looking for Delivery Directors and Senior Programme Managers comfortable with leading programmes of between 50 to 200 FTE with annual budgets of £30m+.
- In your career you may have worked in several industry or government sectors, but have one or two sectors out of the following that you'd like to focus on: consumer business, healthcare and life sciences, energy and utilities, manufacturing, telecoms, media & Technology (TMT), public sector, or financial services.
- We are looking for people with all types of technology delivery experience which will likely be dependent upon the sector(s) you have worked in. Our programmes have societal impact transforming our clients and industry, and are composed of several or many of the following: eCommerce/front-office, ERP back-office, data and analytics, cyber/security, cloud, integration, systems design and development, service transition, dev ops. We'd like to hear from you whatever transformation experience you have.
- You've had exposure to commercial aspects of contracting for implementation and transformation work, whether as a consultant or supplier, or as a client.
- You will have experience of delivery through onshore, nearshore and offshore capabilities and understand how to maximise these skills and expertise.
- You are comfortable leading teams of people, structuring the work and coaching your team to deliver an outcome.
- You are naturally collaborative, with colleagues, customers, stakeholders, and a good communicator, able to influence senior (board level and those reporting into the board) and junior colleagues and stakeholders.
- You have the right to live and work in the UK.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173305