Deloitte Digital, Customer Analytics, Manager, London
Deloitte Digital is an innovative leader in customer management, online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy. We work with a wide range of iconic local and global organisations, helping them understand and profit from the online and mobile revolution.
We look at Customer and channel strategy, sales / marketing / service capability design, strategic / tactical operational improvement, technology solutions, organisational design, and management of change around the resulting implementations. These are underpinned by digital tech architecture, application implementation, development expertise and Customer Analytics. Whether our clients want to capture new customers, create new platforms for interaction or maximise the value from their existing customer relationships the Deloitte Digital team can help.
Therefore the Deloitte Digital Customer Analytics team is just one part of Deloitte Analytics. Data sits at the heart of every organisation and is relied upon for all aspects of operations, analysis, decision-making, reporting and planning. As part of the largest Data Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management and use of this data improves the performance of the business.
The Deloitte Digital Customer Analytics team combines advisory and data scientist expertise to deliver actionable insights. Our Data Science community build innovative analytical solutions to help our clients solve their challenges with data. Our Analytics Advisory community help organisations embed analytics within their marketing sales and service teams; enabling them to use their customer data more efficiently. By bringing together data scientist and business expertise we help organisations make informed strategic, tactical and operational decisions. We provide our clients with greater understanding through analytical solutions whilst building the organisational foundations to turn this insight into action. Responsibilities
You should have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture. Requirements
To qualify for the role you must have:
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments.
- The ability to design and implement end-to-end analytics solution.
- The ability to lead a small analytics team / engagement workstream.
- The ability to work in a collaborative way on multiple engagements at any given time
- Strong planning, organisation and people management skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Experience of managing, strengthening and broadening key client relationships.
- The ability to determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches.
- Experience of working with or knowledge of a range of tools or programming languages for example: Alteryx, SAS, R, SQL, QlikView, Tableau, MS Excel / VBA, Python, KXEN, SPSS, MS Access.
- A good understanding of a range of predictive and descriptive analytics models / solutions such as: Econometrics: research techniques, predictive / propensity modelling, time-series / panel-data analysis, principal component analysis (e.g. factor analysis), clustering / segmentation (e.g. hierarchical clustering, k-means clustering, Recency-Frequency-Value segmentation), digital analytics, spatial analytics / network optimisation / gravity modelling, marketing-mix optimisation, pricing optimisation.
- Degree and / or relevant professional qualification and / or significant relevant consulting.
In addition to these qualifications, Deloitte Digital's Customer Analytics team is currently searching for people who possess some of the following skills & characteristics:
We are Consulting
- Passionate about analytics and interested in improving and expanding the current analytics solutions portfolio of the team
- Ability to build specific analytics models and be a go-to person for more junior resources
- Capital Markets / Financial Services experience
- Additional languages
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
• Strategy & Operations
• Human Capital We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact. We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration - with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities. We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come. We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations. The Consulting Career Paths are
: Consulting pathway
- pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain Consulting Solutions pathway
- pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made Consulting Services pathway
- pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external) About Deloitte
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect
at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 168216