Deloitte Digital, Public Sector DevOps Engineer – Consultant, London
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
For us, developers are not people who sit in a room somewhere churning out code. As a senior member of our team, we need you to lead, guide, plan, explain, working alongside clients and other agency disciplines, cracking problems with a mix of technical expertise and innovative thinking. It's how we outclass the competition and create the best digital experiences.
As part of our team you'll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best developers, UX designers and strategists in the business, using digital to shape the future of how we live, work and play. Role description
As a team lead with extensive, real-world experience of both good and bad DevOps cultures and practices, it will be your responsibility to manage and educate DevOps Engineers in cross-functional teams at the frontline of our delivery projects. Successful applicants should get a real kick out of helping our projects launch in a successful and stress-free manner, drawing on a wide range of skills covering software development, technical architecture, IT service management and infrastructure operations. Location
Based at our Client site in South London you will be working on cutting edge projects within an exceptional team Hours
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us. Responsibilities
- Lead Deloitte technical teams, covering one or more of the following disciplines: deployment and configuration management, release management, technical cutover, environments management and infrastructure automation.
- Apply DevOps thinking - i.e. bringing development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients.
- Architect a project or programme's Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production.
- Define and execute a balanced management methodology that is capable of organising a diverse collection of technical activities into a coherent work stream.
- Liaise with Deloitte and client development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to encourage process transparency, mutually beneficial design and delivery practices, and a clear view of roles and responsibilities across the Deployment Pipeline.
- Provide DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our clients' customers and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling an DevOps leadership, infrastructure or environments management role on a major systems delivery programme
- A solid technical background, with at least 4 years' experience in implementation work; for example, in enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage medium sized (5-10 people) technical teams
- Architecture and design experience of products and services from current cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud
- Experience in a significant delivery or operational role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
- A good understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company
- Strong general knowledge of what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, container runtime and orchestration, IaaS and PaaS technologies etc.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) combined with post-graduate experience in consulting or industry
- The right to live and work in the UK
Our projects in this team require the highest level of security clearance so we would welcome applications from individuals with current SC clearance, or the ability to attain SC clearance You also have
You are here: Deloitte Digital, Consulting Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
- Implementation experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Linux systems administration certification at RHCSA (or equivalent) level or above
- Administrative experience of Jenkins/Hudson, CircleCI, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server or similar continuous integration tool
- Java or .NET development certification at SCJP/MCTS level or above
- Architecture, implementation and operational experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in multi-supplier technical and commercial project environments
We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you'll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists - using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we're passionate about. We wouldn't be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consulting practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within. What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families .
SLCONS BACTEC BADIGI BADIGIBUILD CFTECH WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167011