Demand Management Lead
- Champion demand management on behalf of the Procurement function, owning and shaping the scope of activity
- Shape and own the scope of demand management activity for Procurement, better managing spend and demand from the business
- Be the "face of Procurement" with stakeholders in terms of managing incoming requests for Procurement support and proactive stakeholder engagement
- Customer service champion for Procurement focussed on creating an exceptional customer service experience for users of Procurement
The role entails working as part of the Group Procurement (specifically the Procurement Operations team) to provide effective demand management on behalf of the function:
Strategic and project focused
- Shape and own the scope of demand management activity, supporting the Head of Procurement Operations
- Work with Procurement colleagues to create, run and maintain a value communication and stakeholder engagement plan for the function.
- Build and maintain processes for effectively managing incoming procurement requests in a way which gives high levels of customer service to our stakeholders and users
- Act as the "face of procurement" for the function via day to day engagement with stakeholders
- Work with Procurement colleagues and stakeholders to create, maintain and use resources which enable effective spend and demand challenge to the business e.g. preferred/approved supplier lists, service and product catalogues
- Support Procurement in meeting its SLAs for global (internal) customers including management of Procurement mailboxes and incoming support requests in a timely fashion. Work with Head of Procurement Operations to ensure this area is appropriately resourced with resources cross-trained and effectively managing first line response.
- Work with the Procurement Leadership Team and MI & Reporting Analyst to create appropriate internal SLAs and KPIs for the Procurement function, where appropriate
- Champion exceptional customer service and efficiency within Procurement and lead by example for other team members.
- Work with Finance and other functions to leverage finance/P2P/other systems more effectively to support demand challenge
- Enhance/develop and maintain a Procurement pipeline leveraging existing or new information sources such as workload trackers and category plans
- Continual improvement of demand management and engagement tools, processes and activities.
Personal Qualities & Experience Competencies & Qualities
- Maintain and expand the use of key demand management resources and processes: preferred supplier lists, service catalogues
- 1st line request triage and management, leveraging Proc Ops resources as appropriate.
- Demand challenge at point of request - direct spend to existing suppliers and products, leveraging PSLs and service catalogues.
- Act as an escalation point for tactical users/customers of Procurement systems and processes.
- Create, maintain and control the use of Procurement Collateral and other engagement materials
- Create and maintain a stakeholder engagement plan on behalf of the team, including a stakeholder and supplier contact list
- Own and maintain Procurement's internal and external presence e.g. intranet, external website
- Monitor and populate the procurement pipeline; co-ordinate appropriate and timely action on pipeline actions from Procurement colleagues where necessary. Create escalation and oversight reporting for Procurement Leadership and wider team where necessary.
- Experience gained in previous roles of providing effective demand management and user engagement in a Procurement function.
- A passionate champion for Procurement Operations and the continual elevation of Procurement as a best in class function.
- A customer service champion and role model
- An exceptional communicator, able to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across the organisation, acting as the "Face of Procurement"
- Excellent presentation and client/stakeholder engagement skills, able to bring Procurement messages to life effectively.
- Self-driven and positive attitude with the ability and willingness to take ownership of tasks, processes and operations with limited direction.
- Comfortable challenging peers and stakeholders where required to achieve compliance or the correct result.
- Analytical mindset, with ability to work with a range of Procurement data, interpreting and presenting this to a range of stakeholders in ways that bring the data to life.
- Understanding of how a successful Procurement team functions is essential.
- Experience of using and managing Procurement and P2P systems.
- Cooperative style and team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and mange conflicting priorities.
- Flexible and adaptive in approach to projects and problem solving.
- High proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- A good understanding/background of managing third party risk is highly desirable (in a financial services environment is desired).
- Very tool literate, across Procurement, P2P and other business systems.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee's potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice
carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact email@example.com . If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.