Depositary Account Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Citco Fund Services.
- 30 Apr 19
Citco Custody Limited is looking for Depositary Account Manager to join the team in London.
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the role
The products and services of Citco Custody (UK) Limited (the “Depositary”) address the individual needs of our clients: to protect, preserve, and enhance assets in a secure and confidential environment. Our experienced workforce provides international investment managers with a comprehensive depositary, custody and banking service to assist them in executing their alternative investment strategies. The Account Manager is responsible for a select number of clients to ensure all depositary activities are carried out effectively and efficiently by a team of experienced depositary staff.
- Establish and maintain appropriate control environment to ensure the Bank fulfils its depositary obligations
- Create and implement depositary procedures, review programs and checklists
- Maintain the departmental procedures manual in a standardised format
- Review and sign-off on all Depositary related work
- Keep up-to-date with related business, technical and regulatory developments (incl. AIFMD)
- Oversee and assist with regulatory reporting to the FCA
- Interact with Group Compliance in relation to queries and the delivery of the compliance monitoring plan
- AML/KYC coordination of clients, PEP and Sanction screening
- Lead the on-site inspections of Citco Fund Services (CFS) as required
- Work with clients to resolve queries and escalate any issues
- Attend periodic client service meetings with CFS
- Provide departmental reporting to management
- Manage a small team conducting annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Assist with training, development and motivation of the team to ensure a positive working environment
- A strong team player with commitment to deliver outstanding client service
- An ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate good supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A confident manner and the ability to communicate with clients and the team effectively
- Managing Projects Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years depositary experience within the funds industry
- Knowledge of Private Equity / Hedge Funds and related prime broker arrangements
- Good level of Excel skills
- A third level business/finance qualification is desirable
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.