This is a unique opportunity to shape something from the beginning, use your knowledge to inspire colleagues across over 60 countries, and grow a strong culture of Privacy across the Bank.
- Able to identify and manage risk, and ethical decisions about use of data / Privacy as an organisation, working across different cultural drivers
- Advise on all regulatory changes regarding Privacy impact, GDPR, etc. globally
- Ensure the business' Data Protection policies are in accordance with all relevant international laws and legislation
- Lead and manage a small team of privacy professionals
- Ensure processes / systems can respond to individuals exercising their rights
- Escalate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Define privacy performance controls and deliver training & mentoring on Privacy across the regions
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Worked as a Data Protection Officer or Privacy Advisor or Privacy Counsel managing risks and developing pragmatic solutions to problems, including employee privacy related issues at a bank or other financial services firm before.
- Knowledge of Privacy regulations for the UK, Singapore, HK, India, Thailand,etc.
- Able to translate UK ICO recommendations & case-law into internal guidelines / documentation
- Ability to provide guidance on complex regulatory matters concepts into understandable recommendations
- Experience of implementing Privacy Impact Assessments with practical knowledge of Information Security principles
- A professional qualification, CIPP/E or Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection at BCS the Chartered Institute for IT
- Desirable: membership of the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Ideally a Privacy Counsel (with a legal background) or someone from a FinTech or a Tech firm working on privacy
Contact Millar Associates, Craig or Lorraine on +44 (0) 20 7589 8000