Derivatives Data Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity, because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
As part of the global Derivatives Operations group, the Derivatives Data Analyst (Analyst) will be responsible for supporting the collateral and margin processes for Futures, Listed, Cleared OTC, and Bilateral products across the post-execution lifecycle. This will encompass the reconciliation and instruction of daily margin requirements, processing of accounting postings, post-value control reconciliations, as well as managing queries and troubleshooting issues from both internal and external parties. The analyst will also support the settlement and lifecycle event processes such as monthly resets for Equity total return swaps, credit events/rolls and OTC option premiums/unwinds. Working with our Technology team, Brokers, and third-party providers, the Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies within the aforementioned tasks through workflow and technology to improve the overall control framework. The Analyst will have significant interactions with our client relationship teams, Boston-based Derivatives Operational team and our outsource partner, State Street IMS West in support of setting up new client mandates, ensuring trades are captured and messaged correctly, responding to client inquires and trouble-shooting critical issues.
- Daily review of margin calls from Brokers and investigation of discrepancies
- Daily post-value cash reconciliations of collateral and margin movements
- Daily control reconciliations including holdings, collateral, and currency balances between our internal accounting, clearing brokers, custodians, and clearing houses.
- Process events that impact Cleared and Bilateral OTC Derivatives positions including resets, premiums, unwinds, credit events/rolls, corporate actions, and client transitions
- Serve as an escalation point for incoming queries and issues raised by portfolio managers, trading, clients, custodians, and brokers.
- Work closely with the internal reconciliation team to resolve cash/position accounting breaks
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities to improve front to back efficiency and controls
- Participate in industry working groups to identify new clearing opportunities and potential challenges of regulatory changes.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong knowledge of a variety of Derivatives products and their lifecycles
- Back and middle office operational experience at a sell-side or buy-side firm with exposure to both Cleared and Bilateral Derivatives preferred
- Highly motivated with strong communications skills, high attention to detail, and a problem-solving/analytical mindset
- Must be both team-oriented and a strong independent contributor
- Track record of driving process improvements
- Strong Excel and SQL skills preferred
Derivatives Data Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .