Descriptive Analytics - Senior Executive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Job Title: Descriptive Analytics - Senior Executive Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transactions Analytics Senior Executive, you'll help make that happen. That will mean using your valuable insight and advice to clients from all industries and make strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. Working on everything from developing business development initiatives to managing multi-disciplinary teams, you'll work some of the most high profile clients - all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
With our support, some of our clients have grown to be among the most recognizable, respected brands on the planet. We're currently growing our Transaction Analytics team to meet increasing demand. As part of the team, you can expect exposure to a full range of client types and needs, along with formal training to support your personal goals. Although the Transaction Advisory Services team is largely London based, we operate as a national team.
Your key responsibilities
You're likely to balance your day by being actively involved on projects across the life cycle assignment, work to support clients by advising them on the benefits of data analysis as well as managing their expectations in relation to deliverables and identifying risk on the assignment. You'll develop business development initiatives, creating demand, converting sales, engagement delivery and knowledge management and assist on advising clients on how to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organisation. You'll also contribute to setting and agreeing budgets and help the team achieve target fees by assisting in proposal development and other selling initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Being actively involved throughout the life-cycle of an assignment - requirements definition, specification, data collection, solution design, development, documentation, implementation and user training
- Designing and building complex database models to perform analysis on large diverse datasets
- Working directly with clients as well as other EY specialist teams
- Managing clients expectations in relation to deliverable
- Identifying risks on the assignment, involving Director / Partner appropriately in its resolution
- Setting and agreeing budgets and produce project plans and progress reports, keeping seniors on the assignment informed of status
To qualify for the role you must have
- A qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or highly numerate science
- Proven experience in SQL Server, MS Access and MS Excel is required, plus at least one other SQL dialect (e.g. Postgresql, Oracle PLSQL, MySQL).
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues
- Experience in applying analytical techniques, to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting, prescriptive action, capacity planning
- Programming experience in VB, VBA, TSQL stored procedure
- Proven ability to work with clients and model users to identify their particular needs, to design appropriate solutions to load data, perform complex calculations, derive corollaries and deliver interfaces tools to provide repeatable visual output
Ideally, you'll also have
- Past experience of working in a transaction environment and a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle
- Experience of large cloud based environments, financial reporting or asset management modelling
- Experience of analytics packages, including: Statistics packages such as SPSS or SAS,Visualisation packages such as Tableau or Spotfire
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, so they'll look to you to find, ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.