Desktop - Support Engineer - 2nd/3rd Line
A Leading Financial Services Business are looking to hire an experienced Desktop Support Engineer - 2nd/3rd Line Engineer to work assisting users with a variety of technical issues as well as machine upgrades
This role will provide internal customers with consistent, reliable and professional technical support and
troubleshooting. The successful candidate will be required to support existing technologies and assist in the planning
process for future upgrades and deployments.
The position will support desktop deployments and configuration, as well as maintaining and improving the existing desktop infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' experience in a similar Desktop Support or IT Service Desk role, preferably from the financial services or banking industry.
You will have the opportunity to learn internal applications as well as supporting traditional Windows technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic organisation
* Working within a shift rotation to provide London support coverage from 7am - 5pm
* Provide 1st/2nd line technical support covering all areas of IT (Software / Hardware) deployed to the desktop environment
* Local and remote troubleshooting and support for Windows 10 operating systems and applications
* Efficiently create and track issues within an incident-management system (ServiceNow)
* Ownership of technical issues and escalation towards specialised technical teams
* Contributing towards 'follow the sun' support model, working closely with global teams in US and APAC
* Daily interaction with internal stakeholders with regards to support issues
* At least 3 years' hands-on support experience in a Windows 7/10 desktop administration or support role, preferably from a financial services institution with at least 100 PC's
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft desktop products and O365/ Microsoft Teams
* Experience with troubleshooting AV and phone issues
* General understanding of Active Directory (GPO, OU, Groups)
* General network knowledge and troubleshooting skills
* Experience troubleshooting issues with remote-working users
* Excellent interpersonal/ customer service skills
* Must have excellent customer focus skills
* Ability to communicate with confidence at all stakeholder levels (technical contacts, members, traders, executive team etc.)
* Team player and a motivated self-starter, with a 'roll-up sleeves' attitude who takes ownership of their responsibilities and sees things through to the end
* Good prioritization and time management
* Excellent organisational skills