Desktop Support Engineer
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description ABOUT THE ROLE
The mission of the IT team is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business and their clients work smarter and more efficiently. The IT team has grown significantly over the last year in terms of numbers of people, systems supported and projects to deliver. Technology is seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business. YOU
You'll love us if you enjoy:
- You're fascinated by the way things work and the reasons they sometimes don't
- You sometimes rearrange your computer setup just for fun
- You were the kind of kid who took things apart just to put them back together (correctly)
- You provide white-glove treatment to customers
- You have a background in tech support
- You share a passion for technology
- HOW you do it is just as important as WHAT you do
- You are a confident communicator, enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Providing a 'best in class' customer experience
- Having passion about customer service and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- New technology
- Provide both remote and desk-side support across the Octopus group
- Ensure all Desktop Support tickets are regularly reviewed & updated
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
- Experience providing Desktop Support
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good understanding of different types of computing and mobile software