Desktop Support Engineer
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies. Position Overview
This role will be supporting internal users in a fast paced, high energy environment. You will have the opportunity to learn internal applications, as well as supporting traditional windows technologies. This is a great opportunity to join an impressive organisation, with the opportunity for career development, and progression. Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide 1st/2nd line technical support covering all areas of IT (Software / Hardware) deployed to the desktop
- Provide support and troubleshooting of the phone system (Asterisk)
- Proactively respond to all logged tickets via the service desk application (Fresh Service)
- Install and support Google ChromeBooks as well as Windows OS laptops and desktops.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Manage desk moves and changes, including the starter/leaver process
- Proactively monitor IT systems and preventative measures taken to reduce system downtime - DarkTrace, Google Chrome Dashboard
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
- Produce "how-to" guides on systems usage to aid customers and other technical support staff;
- You will also work closely with the other parts of the Solutions team, in particular, the core networking and security team.
- Proven experience of 1st/2nd line support experience (essential)
- Good experience with Google Chrome, G-Suite, Chrome OS plus Microsoft technologies across the board (e.g. Windows 10);
- Understanding of networking protocols and principles;
- Desktop Imaging and standard build creation;
- Knowledge of telephone systems (e.g. SIP);
- Exposure to Cloud solutions (e.g. G-Suite, Slack, Okta, Office365).
- Server Exposure, AD, VMware, File/Print servers.
- Understanding of organisational and server security best practices
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to function well under pressure / be comfortable with delivering at pace.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work on their own initiative.
- Thrive in a fast-changing environment and be dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Show dedication to quality service levels for their stakeholders.
- Exposure to the Google/ G-Suite/ Chrome infrastructure
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.