- 60,000 - 80,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Equal Source
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Our client is a global bank based in London with an opening for a DevOps Engineer to join their team.
Our client is a global bank based in London with an opening for a DevOps Engineer to join their team. They have a great reputation for being committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
The purpose of this role is to work within the DevOps engineering team to deploy and operate services on public cloud services. The DevOps engineer will work with cross-functional IT teams to deliver cloud infrastructure solutions in an automated efficient manner. The engineers will also be responsible for building automation capabilities to support the execution of the operational activities.
- Build and manage Cloud environments to enable application deployments
- Work across one or more application as the AWS engineer
- Consume and deploy centrally provided common cloud services for the business unit, application DevOps teams (e.g. domain services, networking, logging.)
- Engineer solutions using Infrastructure As Code methods (e.g. terraform)
- Build and support continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous testing activities
- Engineering activities to implement patches and ensure compliance with centrally defined design patterns and standards
- Development work to support automation of operational activities and provide impact assessments where requested
- Support non-functional testing of cloud services and update support and operational documentation as required
What You Bring to the Team:
- Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively with DevOps application teams to provide the digital cloud capability/skills required to deliver the service.
- Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional IT and global/local IT teams.
- Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security standards
- Risk management effectiveness
- Technical experience of:
- Redhat Linux / Bash
- Big Data/Analytics/ETL
- Monitoring tools such as DataDog, AppDynamics and New Relic
- Competitive Salary
- Private medical insurance (PMI)
- Income protection