- £40-60k depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ADG Market Making LLP
- 24 Jan 18 2018-01-24
This is an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join a leading financial services company which prides itself on its ability to promote a collaborative working culture. In this position you will be required to leverage your existing knowledge and skills, and encouraged to develop them further.
- You will work collaboratively with the teams across the business, particularly Software Development, IT Systems Administration, and Compliance, in order to deploy new functionalities.
- You will provide direct support to trading staff on a day to day basis. Specifically this will relate to the setup and functionality of our trading platforms, and apps developed for them by our Software Development team.
- Through monitoring and managing our trading platforms’ availability & performance, you will continually look for ways to improve them.
- Advising on new technologies and technical improvements to our systems and software will be key.
- When our Software Development Team builds new apps, you will be responsible for testing and approving them before deployment.
- You will also work with the Software Development team to assist with the continuous deployment and distribution of new and existing apps.
- When our trading platform providers deliver patches, you will test them and assist the IT Systems Administration team with their deployment.
- During trading platform upgrades, you will assist the IT Systems Administration team and focus on ensuring our systems are operational following the upgrade.
- When trading platform issues arise you will report them to, and work with, the provider to troubleshoot.
- Working understanding of Linux
- Competent ability to script in Python/Perl/Ruby/etc.
- Experience in ensuring continuous functionality of systems and software during and after integration of upgrades or new programs (Jenkins/ GitLab CI).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of TBricks trading platform (knowledge of other trading platforms in addition will be considered an advantage).
- Working knowledge of financial instruments, in particular futures and options (Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives an advantage).
- Previous development experience, ideally with C++.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and a copy of your CV.