Who are we?
We want to help small business win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who's always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology and build scalable infrastructure? If your answer is yes, you're going to fit right in with our team.
The Platform team builds and maintains the infrastructure that powers all the apps at Funding Circle. If you enjoy automation, working with the latest technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we're looking for people who feel the same.
- Be an automator: we're using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
- Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a game changer: we're building infrastructure that has a competitive edge; we're using technologies such as Kubernetes, Apache Kafka , Serverless
- Be a collaborator: you'll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily standups.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to continue the development of our world-class engineering team.
Why should you join us?
- Knowledgeable and experienced with building, running and supporting Kubernetes clusters in a highly available, high traffic Production environment
- Experienced with the software development life cycle, software development best practices and processes
- Experienced with working in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Familiar with one or more coding languages, preferably Go, Ruby, Node
- Capable of architecting security and compliance best practices into global cloud infrastructure
- At ease troubleshooting in complex environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Prometheus, Graylog and Kibana)
- Knowledgable and experienced with Terraform
- Experienced in requirements identification, solution analysis, and product selection
- An excellent communicator
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners, to us and to you.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.