DevOps Engineer - S3 Trading Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Your Impact:
The Electronic Trading Platform (ETP) team provides tailored infrastructure solutions for the firm's global markets businesses. We closely collaborate with developers, quants and architects from those businesses to engineer and tune solutions optimizing performance and resiliency of the firm's electronic trading systems. The team's areas of responsibility encompass server hardware, Linux, kernel tuning, low-latency networking, configuration management, packet capture analytics and converged monitoring. The team directly interfaces with senior business stakeholders and external clients of the firm. How will you fulfill your potential?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Collect, transform and visualize large data sets to make data driven commercial and technical decisions
- Introspect distributed systems from wire to application to gain insight into trading system behaviour
- Engage with highly motivated clients to help drive commercial outcomes and solve complex problems
- Operate in a dynamic working environment with fluid priorities, requires the ability to context switch and adapt to time sensitive issues
- Build high-performance, large scale distributed trading environments using automation
- Leverage broad engineering remits, affording opportunities to explore innovative hardware and software offerings
- Display technical ownership and visibility across the firm
- Drive the concepts of chaos engineering & conduct wargaming exercises to fortify our trading plant
- BSc or Masters degree
- 3+ years recent hands on experience in software industry or related Devops/SRE role
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring and service management tools such as PagerDuty, AppDynamics, Splunk and Service Now
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Hands on experience working on software delivery concepts such as DevOps and SRE in an Agile mindset
- Experience with production change management practices and strong knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with trading environments (colocation, exchange networks, protocols, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and modern automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with open source monitoring and metrics collections (Nagios, TICK, Prometheus, etc.)
- Understanding of networking concepts, including routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, multicast, etc.
- Proficient in the use of task management tooling such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred as the team interfaces directly with senior stakeholders, external clients, and internal technology stakeholders
- Experience performance tuning Linux systems preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity