DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer - Salary: £70-100K + bonus
posted on 20 June 2017 in: Start-up Jobs ○ London ○ Permanent Summary:
Ideally you will have a mixed development (Java, Python Ruby, Go) and operations background (CI/CD, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Debian, Docker, Containers) and should be just as comfortable hacking code with developers as you are in dealing with operational and security concerns. You should have an in depth understanding of the Linux operating system and how that can be scaled to hundreds of nodes both efficiently and securely.
This company helps companies use data to drive decisions. They combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver actionable insights for clients to gain competitive advantage within their market. From health, to finance, to education and even sport, this start-up (owned and operating within the security of a much larger company) are helping companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better business decisions. Role:
- Deliver automation and tools for the company's platform and developers
- Scale the company's data platform and assist developers in integrating with it
- Educate engineers and data scientists regarding DevOps and CI/CD processes and culture
- Assist with scaling data science and analytics algorithms in spark or other frameworks
- Provide 3rd line support to operational aspects for various deployments of the company's platform when required
- Experience with Container clusters and schedulers, along with service discovery methodologies
- Strong automation experience in any configuration management framework, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack
- Strong programing skillset in any application scripting languages, Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience in working within agile teams integrated with developers and working to their lifecycles
- Experienced in atleast one major Linux distribution such as Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat/CentOS
- A love of OpenSource software with wide experience in using various frameworks, databases, languages and schedulers
If you'd like to apply to this role, please email me via the below address with your CV attached:
If you are interested in alternative roles please feel free to register below, and with our extensive network of industry contacts, we can help find the perfect position for you!
Oxford Knight - Dedicated recruiters in the City of London placing candidates in technology jobs across a wide variety of industries worldwide.