Working with M&G Prudential as a Developer means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
You will help transform the IT capabilities of our Institutional Sales and Marketing teams through the use of the data and new technology. Key Responsibilities:
You will demonstrate a passion for software development and the desire to listen and work with clients and peers across the organisation.
Most importantly you will need to show you can be a valued, considerate member of a small, cross functional scrum team responsible for delivering working, high quality software to production on a regular basis.
You will be involved in all aspects of development:
• Refinement of user stories
• Backlog management
• Design, development, testing and deployment of code
• Improvement of the process and tools You will have:
• An ability to continually improve and evolve your skills and knowledge
• A passion for writing simple, clean, readable (i.e. self-documenting) code
• Strong development skills in some of the following technologies:
o ASP MVC
o Azure Data Lake USQL
• Comfortable pair programming when appropriate
• Appreciation of value and appropriate application of automated testing, BDD and TDD
• Willing to question and challenge colleagues and business partners
• Drive to encourage your team to keep seeking to improve
• Able to facilitate agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Able to assist with other roles such as Scrum Master and Analyst
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley