Developer - Client Synthetics Technology - Prime Services Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies. Prime Services Client Technology develops products used by external clients of the Prime business, including hedge funds and institutional investors. We work closely with our business partners in Sales, Client Relationship Management and Operations throughout all stages of the development lifecycle. Our products include an external client portal offering many client tools, cross-asset class reporting on post-execution data including SWIFT and Datafiles, and internal applications used by our various business groups.
The Prime Services Client Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to interact and provide data to our external hedge fund and institutional clients. This is done both interactively via our client portals, as well as via the distribution of data and reporting information. The team works closely with our business partners on product specifications and workflows. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as having a direct impact to clients experience in a technology-intensive business in which Goldman Sachs is one of the market leaders. Client demands and new innovative products put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies. This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with mature and new technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Client Technology platform
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment
- As part of the product lifecycle, the roles includes support and maintenance of the existing platform
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and business professionals to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- Strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
- 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- 2+ years OO design/development
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- Test Driven development
- Tomcat experience a plus
- Big data technology stack
- Financial market knowledge
- RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.