Developer - IRD Tools - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Derivative Products Group is focused on delivering the technology that allows Morgan Stanley to continue to grow its highly successful derivative trading businesses - a key growth area for the Firm.
We require developers to build out the IRD Tools function within Fixed Income Derivatives. Our group develops new trading tools on the bank’s strategic Optimus platform for use by Interest Rate desks globally in Scala. These tools allow Morgan Stanley to continue to build out their derivatives business. You will work closely with the several global teams within the Fixed Income technology department. You will also interact directly with the business unit and other groups in the Technology organization.
• You will be responsible for all aspects of the software life cycle including gathering requirements from the business, analysis of existing systems/functionality, design and implementation, unit and regression testing, continuous build, all the way through to production roll out and subsequent support.
• You will be fully involved in system development and support. Being responsible for the design and development of high performance, robust software.
• You will closely work with front/middle office users and drive all phases of projects to gather requirements, design, develop, deploy and support.
• The position will provide the opportunity to obtain in-depth knowledge about the Interest Rates Derivatives business and software design/development experience on Valuation & Risk methodologies.
• Core Java with an interest in functional programming.
• Understanding of reporting software
• MS SQL
• Continuous build & deployment, Jenkins
• Unix/Linux shell
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 27/09/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1