Developer - Java\/Python and Data Analytics
Create the products that are changing an industry.
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as an ETF Data Analytics Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests. In Global Investment Financial Systems (GIFS), ETF Eco system/platforms are critical to achieving our mission. We just crossed 1Trillion in AUM for ETFs and we continue to grow in that space. You have the opportunity to learn the core of how the global investment industry and ETF primary market trading works while working with complex and modern technologies in a truly global organization. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with portfolio managers and ETF specialists with in ETF business.
If you are looking for both differentiation in your IT career and an opportunity to build your technical and investment acumen, GIFS is a great place for you. Our crew in GIFS gain tremendous in depth knowledge of Investment Management and Fund Financial Services. You'll receive hands on experience with how ETF portfolios are managed, ETF orders are placed and flow through our front, middle and back office while working on systems used in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Technical Skills:
- Java 8/ Python
- Spring Boot and Spring Batch
- Junit 4.x
- Cucumber BDD, or any automated testing experience
- SQL/ NoSQL Databases
- Git / BitBucket
Any of the below would be advantageous:
What it takes
- AWS core services: EC2, S3, Dynamo DB/ PostgreSQL/ Data Analytics (high-level)
- Continuous Integration with Bamboo
- Automated deployment with Ansible
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and, or any related discipline
- Proficiency in an object oriented or functional paradigm such Java, Python
- Relevant work experience. Investment Management Industry experience preferable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work toward aggressive timelines
- Experience working in Agile
- Investment Management knowledge is preferable
- Previous quantitative or technical role working on or with a trading desk (irrespective of asset class)
Inclusion at Vanguard
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.