- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Developer - SC Ventures – London or Zurich
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Developer - SC Ventures – London or ZurichAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank's innovation across the Group. Included in SCV's mandate will be to invest in FinTech's and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of catalysts, investments, and ventures:
1. eXellerator : Internal consultants will help the rest of the Group in problem-solving and spreading innovation best practices and client-centric design. The eXellerator innovation lab will be part of this group.
2. Investments : A professional investment unit to manage the Group's minority investments in Fintech companies and to seek further investments in promising technologies. The Bank has previously invested in Ripple, a leading distributed ledger company to co-develop commercially viable applications for global trade and payments and Paxata, a leading enterprise information management company.
3. Ventures : The Venture unit will sponsor and oversee new disruptive technology ventures that are wholly or partially owned by Standard Chartered. It will seek projects that amplify the bank's core strengths or where the bank can support a venture in a strategic way.
We are currently looking for a talented Developer. Reporting to the CTO, you will be aligned to an exciting new venture focusing on cryptocurrency. Your responsibilities will be to develop a new platform from scratch. Initial design, coding & functional testing for cloud deployment .
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Java server-side development
· Hands-on coding, develop high quality code while meeting deadlines
· Working in highly collaborative, fun loving team using Agile methodology
· Creating challenging application using Java from ground-up
· "Write code for others, not for yourself" - your code will be visible to thousands of developers
· Java server-side development experience with an understanding of core design patterns
· Hands on experience in Java 8 and above
· Understanding of concurrent, multi-threaded, distributed application environments
· Messaging platforms (Solace VMR, Kafka)
· Experience with SQL databases
· Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments is plus
· Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
· Cloud knowledge a big plus (AWS/GCP) - (Kubernetes/Docker)
· A respectful team player
If you have a razor-sharp focus on building disruptive business models that create optionality for the bank, this is an opportunity not to be missed.