About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
FMSD (Financial Markets Solution Delivery) is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in FMSD is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
SABRE (Analytics, Booking & Risk Engine) is a cross-asset (FX, Commodities, Equities, Credit and Rates) risk management and structured products trading platform to support the bank's fast-growing financial markets business. It's built upon cutting-edge technologies and running globally in London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
As a Senior Java Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in London and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations. The Role Responsibilities
To be a trusted senior developer within the SABRE team.
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE.
- Be a self-starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Ideal Candidate
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Qualification & Skills
- 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
- Oracle development background, RAC is a plus.
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a strong plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java and Oracle skills.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large-scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Years or relevant experience: 8+
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.