Developer, Product Factory, Digital Financial Advisory, London
Your opportunity Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better?
Our Product Factory is. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients' most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
To become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020, Deloitte has made Innovation a centerpiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients' toughest challenges; attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte's rapidly growing Product Factory team based in St Albans. The Product Factory harnesses innovative technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients' most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provide specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our rapidly expanding team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. If your background is in development, you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of interesting tasks, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As a Developer, you will:
Your work, your choice
- Be an integral and collaborative member of a team building top-quality products and services;
- Be involved with the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions;
- Develop program specifications ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved;
- Have an understanding and involvement in the complete development lifecycle for products and applications;
- Understand the importance of unit and test plans, constantly looking for opportunities to improve code quality;
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team's work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency
- Be curious and want to develop your knowledge of current and future technologies and how they can be leveraged at Deloitte;
- Liaise closely with our Deloitte Cloud team to ensure our platforms align with company and global standards spending some time on location with the team.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with some travel to St Albans office
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- .NET (C# preferred)
- MVC development
- Restful Services
- Agile framework (SCRUM preferred)
- Experience using project management and source control systems (e.g. Confluence / JIRA / GIT preferred)
- Testing Frameworks (e.g. unit testing, BDD, TDD)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- Experience in Angular 2+ or other framework
- CSS / SCSS
- Skills in one of the following: Java / Python
- Database design and development
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications;
- Exposure to Cloud services such as AWS - Amazon Web Services (preferred) or Azure;
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Tools (e.g. TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins)
- Understanding of the financial services industry; and
- Exposure to reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview, D3)
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL WPPART SLFINA BAFRSC BAPROD CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172462