One of the largest Wealth Managers in the UK is looking to increase its change management capability specifically in the digital domain.
One of the largest Wealth Managers in the UK is looking to increase its change management capability specifically in the digital domain. With £20bn AUM, It is one of the largest wealth management firms in the UK. The firm is well positioned to weather the current economic challenges posed by CV-19, has a strong balance sheet and 95% of staff are working in a remote arrangement atm. The firm is in the middle of a top-to-bottom transformation. There have been successes so far, with profits rising from -£4m to +£19m in five years and there is a tangilble appetite for change.
- The team has a strong culture and is proactive about improving it
- The team operates within an environment where people understand the vision and the strategy.
- The team has an 18-month roadmap, and projects are allocated not only those with the most appropriate skills and but also to those who actually regard particular projects as beneficial to their career trajector.
Ther role is to support the Head of Business Change by ensuring key project requirements are documented, prioritised and understood by key stakeholders. Further, when requested, to manage key strategic, regulatory or tactical projects and partnering key stakeholders to develop components of the firm's Roadmap.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Predominantly, to work with project managers to ensure business requirements are documented and appropriately understood and then to liaise with technical teams to ensure business requirements are understood and communicated.
- On occasion, to manage strategic, regulatory or tactical projects in alignment with the standard delivery methodology.
Main Duties as a BA:
- To elicit requirements from SMEs in order to create the business requirements within the scope of the initiative.
- Take agreed business requirements and convert these into user stories
- To attend and provide input to sprint planning and retrospective meetings.To challenge the project manager to ensure assigned projects are appropriately planned and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.To raise risks, issues and dependencies to the project manager in a timely manner.
- To analyse and document requirements for solution providers to deliver.
- To validate the solutions to ensure they deliver value and meet stakeholder needs.
- To facilitate user acceptance testing to ensure solution are fit for purpose.
- To ensure the projects and working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls.
- To actively contribute to the BA practice (and other practices) to ensure Internal Project Standards and Change Governance Procedures and Controls are ‘fit for purpose’ and be prepared to review and revise as needed.
- Reside on Project working groups and provide input as required.
- Liaise with Developers and Testers as directed by the needs of the project
Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills:
- Ability to undertake analysis from a customer centric view point, utilising customer journeys, customer personas and data to build requirements to solve a specific customer outcome
- Ability to convert customer outcomes into a set of business and development user stories always ensuring traceability is clear throughout the process
- Ability to support the cultural change within an organisation which is critical to achieving the customer and business benefits of any digital change
- Sufficient digital, operational and technical knowledge to be able propose potential solutions and support with external research/information
- Knowledge of the full SDLC
- Experience in attending/co-ordinating user testing and customer co-creation sessions and ability to translate results into meaningful requirements and user stories
- Strong writing skills and thus the ability to produce high-quality reports.Flexible, self-motivated and proactive with an enthusiastic attitude.Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task.
IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio and Jira / Confluence. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/WDX, Figaro, BITA is an advantage.
Qualifications / Digital Experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above.
- Broad experience of projects at a wealth management firm.
- Project qualifications desirable – preferably across Prince2 and Agile.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience within a financial services environment
- Technical experience of the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- Engaging persona with a proactive and can-do attitude.