Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department/Section
MUFG has a developing and thriving Transaction Banking business, headquartered in Tokyo, and spanning all continents. Transaction Banking Office for EMEA (incorporating Europe, Middle East and Africa) forms part of MUFG’s Global Transaction Banking Division.
Our key responsibilities are to drive regional business and support global and regional customers with Transaction Banking solutions in Cash and Liquidity Management, Trade & Working Capital, and Foreign Exchange.
Our strong and growing Cash and Liquidity Management business provides a wide range of deposits, cash management, liquidity, payments, channels and reporting services to our clients. This includes providing solutions both to our major Global Corporates within EMEA and the rest of the MUFG network, and also to our major Japanese clients with businesses across the EMEA.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Channels Manager will be a core member of the cash and liquidity management product team with a primary responsibility for online banking tools for corporate customers. The role holder will provide regional support for the Bank’s global proprietary online channel, act as the main contact point for EMEA wide queries and requests related to it and also support the VP, Channels Manager in oversight of some country specific, local vendor solution based channels.
The role holder manages aspects of the product lifecycle enabling the product/channels to meet the needs of customers/users and achieve financial or other targets. Acting as product owner for one or more channels/services, the role holder will prioritise product requirements, analyse market and/or user research, feedback, expert opinion and usage data to understand needs and opportunities. The role holder will facilitate uptake of products by planning development of product collateral, supporting channels training and monitoring channels performance. The role requires close collaboration with a range of internal stakeholders at global, regional and countries levels to ensure a fit for purpose digital channels suite that meets customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and coordinate global channels changes for countries in the EMEA region
- Raise EMEA wide business requirements to global teams to ensure functionalities are developed in line with customer expectations, competitor developments and regulatory changes focusing on delivering an intuitive and memorable user experience
- Liaise with EMEA branches and regional stakeholders to ensure all requirements are captured and changes are implemented appropriately.
- Suggest product and channel enhancements that will improve the customer experience
- Manage development projects collaborating with cross-functional teams across EMEA offices and at regional HQ in London
- Assist in developing and implementation of the governance framework for effective oversight of country specific channels and local vendor solutions
- Support Sales and client facing teams as a channels expert with understanding of regional and global channels functionalities to support further business growth
- Address, escalate and resolve system related issues impacting channels’ performance and minimize business impact to ensure quality of service for customers.
- Define, develop and provide management information and analytics to track performance of the channels and their contribution to the overall business financials. Track, analyse and report to channels usage data and other relevant KPIs to monitor trends and enable effective decision-making
- Develop and maintain customer-ready product collateral, user guides and communication materials to support Sales, RMs and other client-facing teams (e.g. customer support)
- Continuous benchmarking vis-à-vis competition and customer expectations to formulate well-articulated enhancement requests to the global team
- Collaborate with wider business operations, information technology, legal, compliance, corporate communications and other functions to attain the business and product management objectives
- Evaluate, monitor and mitigate channels risks. Assist in channels risk assessment reviews
- Support the Team Head on other key priorities as required
- Experience in digital and online channels management, preferably for commercial customers
- Experience with product development
- Strong knowledge of UX and UI best practise
- Good understanding of digital trends and developments in the financial technology landscape
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and emerging digital technologies
- Strong analytical capabilities to understand impact of trends on the business and our customers
- A good understanding of the technical channels capabilities and tools, e.g. digital signatures
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and lateral thinking to identify solutions based on proven best practices or new approaches
- Experience working in a diverse global environment
- Solid understanding and experience in product life cycle management
- Experience in Project Management and Business Analysis roles. Project management qualification or practical experience in PRINCE2, Agile, etc.
- Experience of operating successfully in a network / matrix organization – with effective communication with stakeholders across different countries and regions
- Ability to speak/write Japanese and or knowledge of Japanese culture
Skills and Experience
- Ability to translate business and customer needs to business requirements, customer journeys, and technical assessments
- Knowledge or good understanding of a broad range of basic transaction banking products and channels
- Awareness of the current and future cash product needs of cash management clients
- Solid understanding of technology and systems infrastructure/architecture to support channels and products
- Functional design experience to map customer processes
- Proven ability to build successful working relationships with key internal stakeholders – e.g. IT, Risk, Operations, Compliance etc.
- Ability to demonstrate Industry knowledge and Payment trends; cognizant of Payment Regulatory requirements
- Experience working in channels management or digital teams in other commercial banks
- Good understanding of various payment file types used by corporate customers
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree (Bachelor) educated or equivalent level of relevant experience
- PRINCE2, Agile methodology qualification or practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order to understand our products, business and client needs
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to work on own initiative, setting priorities and working to defined deadlines, and comfortable working in global projects under pressure and with geographically dispersed teams
- A team player, eager to support and learn
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to interpret and present numerical and financial data
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive for results without formal reporting lines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG, a global financial group is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.