- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Digital Consumer Platforms Lead
Digital Consumer Platforms LeadRole Overview:
Schroders has a stated ambition to align itself more closely with the end investor. In practice, this means moving beyond product manufacture and into digital distribution, working in partnership with our intermediary clients across the world to deliver investment management to a broader range of retail investors than ever before.
To enable us to do this we have made a strategic investment into Benchmark Capital in the UK in 2016 and WeInvest in Singapore in 2018. We are actively looking to complement these investments with a full range of retail investment technology platforms across the world, giving us a truly global digital distribution capability.
As that ecosystem becomes more complex, so too does the task of coordinating the on-going functional development of those platforms to provide a unified, global platform on a virtual basis. We have identified a new role with broad responsibility for representing Schroders' interests in the on-going development and, in some cases, alignment of those technology platforms.
• Participate in possible future corporate transactions in the retail distribution technology space
• Identify opportunities to co-ordinate roadmaps between retail distribution technology platforms
• Represent the interests of Schroders in liaison with our portfolio of technology platforms, helping to shape roadmaps based on identified propositions
• Act as an catalyst in the functional development of our platforms, providing advice, guidance and even hands-on assistance to our portfolio where required to accelerate their development
• Provide significant input into the digital distribution technology strategy for the group, including participating in steering groups
• Work closely with consumer propositions leads in EMEA, APAC and the Americas to assist in the conceptualisation, design and delivery of retail investment propositions leveraging our portfolio of platforms
• Lead design and delivery of an internal and external API strategy across our portfolio, ultimately delivering a componentised architecture which represents true "Investment Management as a Service"
• Considerable experience in the product development of retail distribution technology platforms, and the associated domain knowledge of consumer investing from both a front- and back-office perspective; on-boarding, client management, AML/KYC/CDD, custody and settlement, cash management etc.
• Most likely a former business analyst or product owner from a retail investing business - either a technology/platform provider or a consumer-facing proposition - or a management consultant with relevant client experience
• Comprehensive understanding of the ingredients of successful retail investing propositions from a commercial perspective.
• A global outlook is essential; understanding of the global nuances in retail investing products, processes and operations; sufficient knowledge of a diverse range of markets to be able to quickly adapt and up-skill when new opportunities arise.
• Technically savvy but with equally strong understanding of retail investing operating model development.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Extensive experience in managing both significant business and/or technology change projects across functional and geographical boundaries.
• Willing to take key decisions that may have a significant financial and/or operational impact on Schroders. Previous solutions may not always be available. Situations may be complex, involved and with considerable grey areas.
• Must communicate at a highly advanced level with stakeholders in the organisation. This includes the ability to sell ideas and concepts to the highest levels within the organisation and drive them through to completion.
• Fluent English essential; at least one European or Asian language at conversational level preferred.
• Experience in the asset, wealth or investment management sector; but for exceptional candidates, banking, insurance or other financial services sectors considered as suitable proxies
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly