Digital Head of Delivery- Global Transformation Project
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- MW Recruitment
- 14 Feb 19
Leading financial institution is seeking a Head of Delivery for a global digital transformation project as its seeks to build and develop its digital offerings to its customers globally through innovative and creative propositions
You will be part of a team which is developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating the propositions to take advantage of new technology and trends.
This role sits within the Banking & Servicing cross-functional team, as part of the wider Transactional Services cluster and will report to the HDS Head of Delivery and CIO.
- Accountable for the Banking and Servicing cross functional team achieving key outcomes for the year including:
- Delivery of the roadmap scope
- Management of timelines
- Financial management
- Communicating, managing, and mitigating key risks issues and blockers
- Financials are appropriately managed and concerns addressed
- Manage a global team with IT based primarily in India with business hubs in London, Hong Kong, and the Americas.
- Manage the Delivery of 7 functional workstreams working with delivery 45 teams, growing to 70 (450 resource, growing to 700).
- Ensure the resourcing position supports the demand of the cross functional team.
- Establish initiatives to improve the way we work and contribute best practice to the Delivery discipline.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualification
- Demonstrated success working with large global cross functional teams.
- Experience delivering complex IT programmes of work within complex IT organisation (e.g., Banking, Insurance)
- Experience establishing agile delivery organisations within cross functional teams.
- Thought leadership within Digital IT Delivery including best practice ways of working at scale with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence CXO leaders.
- Experience managing teams to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel globally as required.