Digital Product Manager iShares
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? ETF usage is accelerating, and iShares is #1 with global organic growth of 20% and 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone. However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. Perfect storm. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
We are building out a digital product management function, and we’re looking for someone to lead our flagship digital product, iShares.com for EMEA, and start activating on this opportunity.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for understanding the business priorities and our clients’ needs, bringing the two together to drive commercial success. This includes leading, or working with junior product managers to oversee, the strategy, roadmap, development and activation of iShares.com – owning its overall success – and keeping abreast of the competition and broader industry trends.
To deliver the product, you will work with a vertically integrated team with some cross-regional dispersion. Additionally, the structure of the business internally means you will need to operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple stakeholders. As you develop the strategy and roadmap, and execute against these, you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and stakeholders, and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups for consistency and leverage.
As you build your understanding of our clients, you’ll be expected to identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
You will be based in London, but will work in a global team. You’ll be customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organised, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic.
iShares® is a global leader in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), with more than a decade of expertise and commitment to individual and institutional investors of all sizes. With over 800 funds globally across multiple asset classes and strategies and more than $1.5 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017, iShares helps clients around the world build the core of their portfolios, meet specific investment goals and implement market views. iShares funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock, trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm1.
1 Based on $5.977 trillion in AUM as of 9/30/17
- Keep abreast of the competitor landscape and make this a regular practice
- Lead the EMEA iShares.com product, including the vision and roadmap, and be the first point of contact for the business
- Communicate product strategy to the rest of the business so internal stakeholders understand what we’re doing and why we're doing it
- Use deep customer insight to evolve the iShares websites to improve customer experience and develop new product propositions
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Help us implement good product management practice, including the regular metric sharing
- Keep leadership informed of the team’s progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand
- Lead and mentor junior product managers and project managers to cultivate a culture of ownership throughout the product team
- Coach the team to run at the problem in the right way, using the right discovery techniques and tools, and ensure our product team is delivering the right things, at speed
- Work with marketing, PR, and other stakeholders on promotional plans to ensure that strategies are integrated
- Ensure that cross-functional processes are smooth and inbound requests, maintenance and critical issues are swiftly resolved
- Represent the firm and the product by visiting clients to solicit feedback, and be flexible to travel across Europe for client insights
Essential skills / experience
- Several years’ experience leading the development of great digital products and propositions, managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and oversee marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Clear experience in turning end-customer interviews and insights into products and services
- A deep understanding of user-centred design processes
- Experience with agile, leading teams of 5-10 including designers, engineers, and SMEs
- Positive attitude and resilience, with strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative, team player
- Organized and results-oriented
- Interest or experience in finance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.