Digital Sales Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as Digital Sales Manager
- This is an exciting opportunity for strategically minded individual to join us in our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Digital function
- You'll be accountable for developing strategic digital sales capabilities across defined customer segments and products, and managing performance towards set trading targets and KPIs
- Hone your existing digital sales skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be working closely with the Head of Digital Sales to deliver the bank's Commercial Banking Digital Sales strategy, working towards annual business sales targets for each customer segment and product group. You'll act as the Digital Sales subject matter expert and lead, being the primary contact for our Product, Proposition, Change, Marketing and Data & Insight teams.
You'll be accountable for the development of digital sales capabilities for a defined set of Commercial Banking products. This will include owning the articulation of (1) strategic development plans and (2) tactical 'test and learn' optimisation plans required to achieve set trading targets, considering impact on the wider bank setup, processes, systems, infrastructure, resources and operating model.
You'll work closely with:
- Product and Propositions teams to embed and optimise the use of digital channels for sales
- Marketing to develop and deliver the go-to-market strategy for each customer segment and product
- Data & Analytics to measure and derive insight from internal MI and external competitive landscape, providing data-driven recommendations
- Finance to identify and measure cost and benefit returns and return on investment
The skills you'll need
You'll need demonstrable experience in digital sales, digital product management, user experience and insight driven decisions, with the ability to spot trended change and opportunities via multichannel behaviour.
You'll also need:
- An understand of journey mapping, design, digital marketing and how this fits into multi channel experience to drive improvement
- Strong communications and influencing skills, able to influence others (including senior leadership) through product cycle and strategy
- An understand of digital business strategy and organisational context, and understand broader business and business strategy across multiple areas
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.