Digital, Solution Architect
Digital Solution Architect, Low latency, C++, Java
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services client who are looking for a Digital, Solution Architect to join the business in London.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broad scope of projects, working closely with delivery teams that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provide management and system solutions to large, strategic, complex system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, multi-tier client server and web-based applications ensuring alignment with the overall enterprise.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and recommend technology innovations which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of enterprise assets within the remit of your specified portfolio from current to future state.
- Review and ensure major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and in line with the strategic direction of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Experience of designing and delivering service-based architecture and display a sound understanding of architectural and design principles
- Background of working in a financial or trading organisation.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed, Event Driven, Service Orientated Architecture.
- Strong appreciation of Operational requirements of a distributed architecture.
- A good understanding of infrastructure (for example, Networks, Servers, Cloud) and experience working with latency; performance sensitive applications in a globally distributed setting
- Experience designing and implementing solutions on commercial messaging-orientated middleware solutions, such as, but not limited to, Tibco EMS, Solace, Kafka, Kinesis.
- Knowledge and understanding of Digital Assets Markets and associated technologies (Optional)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong understanding and experience working with serialization and deserialization frameworks such as, but not limited to, protobuf, avro.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Knowledge of key components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an inhouse and outsourced environment
- Significant enterprise systems development hands-on experience (C++, Java, C# or similar OO stack)
- Strong understanding and experience of working with of data interchange protocols such as, but not limited to, Json, XML.
- Strong technical understanding of how to optimize message-orientated middleware solutions to meet non-functional objectives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.