Dir, Marketing Operations
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Director of Marketing Operations is a newly created position within the global marketing team responsible for driving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing activities. This position reports to the global Head of Marketing and Communications and is a member and key contributor to the global marketing leadership team. This individual will partner closely with the regional marketing leads and global Centers of Excellence (CoEs) as he/she defines and leads global processes related to planning, prioritization, resource management, operational effectiveness, measurement, and automation. This individual will manage a small team and oversee the work of a larger offshore team. This is a global leadership position and the role can be located in either London or Boston.
This new position is part of a global team of regional marketing (EMEA, APAC and Americas) and Center of Excellence teams within the larger global marketing function. Center of Excellence includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading), content management (readership optimization and content tagging), digital marketing (includes analytics), and design (digital and print).
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning: Define and lead annual and ongoing processes for planning and prioritization of all work across global marketing to align to business priorities and commercial impact
- Resource and work management : Identify and implement systems, processes, and tools to manage capacity, resources, dependencies, and timelines effectively and transparently; lead the onshore and offshore operations team to manage to deadlines and SLAs
- Operational effectiveness: Balance tradeoffs between efficiency and effectiveness; establish and drive best practices; identify and fix biggest operational challenges
- Measurement and impact : Measure success and progress of work efficiency, impact, output, reuse, and alignment to goals and strategies
- Budgeting : Oversee budgeting process, working with global marketing and finance
- Automation and tools : conduct ongoing assessment to make sure we have the relevant marketing technology for marketing work management and operational needs; provide oversight for existing content management tools (i.e., Kapost) and provide input into selection of a new Digital Asset Management system (DAM)
- Vendor management : manage relationships with offshore production vendors to align work with evolving business needs and ensure that day-to-day work is in accordance with SLAs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Extensive experience within asset management or the financial services industry; deep understanding of content creation and digital marketing; familiarity with regulatory requirements
- Ability to identify best practices, streamline work, and drive changes in behavior related to process and adoption of new technologies
- Familiarity with agile work methodologies and continuous improvement processes
- Client and business focus; connects the work of marketing to impact and commercial priorities
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Exhibits an executive presence - polished speaker, strong presentation skills, articulate, confident, optimistic, and persuasive
- Ability to independently drive projects in a highly matrixed and collaborative team environment, exercising sound judgment with regard to use of internal resources, firm brand, and regulatory compliance
- Ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence, develop recommendations, and act decisively
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver
- Flexibility, grace under pressure; ability to adapt
- Entrepreneurial mindset - enjoy building and having an impact, "rolling up sleeves" and getting things done
Dir, Marketing Operations LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .