Direct Lending Fund Associate
The London based Direct Lending Operations and Fund Accounting team is going through a period of significant growth due to new fund launches. To support this growth the team are looking for an experienced and highly motivated fund administrator to join them.
The scope of the role is broad and will be suitable to someone who wants to build on their knowledge and experience of the financial services sector and contribute towards the continued growth of the strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and gain experience on a wide range of fund structures and financial instruments within the rapidly growing Direct Lending space. Key Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be joining a growing and important team, which is integral to continued success of the Direct Lending strategy. Applicants should be a team player, have a pro-active mindset and the ability to manage multiple workflows whilst contributing to a positive culture within the team.
Core responsibilities of the role are:
Direct Lending Deal Closing process
- Monitoring fund guideline testing across the Direct Lending Platform and assisting the operations team with allocations and other assistance as required.
- Maintaining the Direct Lending Platform Snapshot report for distribution on a weekly basis.
- Complete Deal Closing packs and checklists for all New Deals and ensure documentation is complete and saved appropriately.
- Liaise with Fund Administrators as well as with Legal and Deal Origination teams to contribute to an effective deal closing process.
- Update and maintain the upcoming investments pipeline file and circulate to key stakeholders
- Manage funding timelines and co-ordinate with the Direct Lending Operations Team to ensure Funds are in a position to close deals in accordance with pre-agreed schedules.
- Prepare funding emails / instructions to be sent to administrators to release payments
- Book new closed deals into Allvue / Black Mountain and reconcile
- Settle deal closings in Wall Street Office (WSO) and ensure that deal closing economics and loan contracts are booked appropriately.
- Assist with any additional legal documents required for settlement such as Transfer Certificates.
WSO Loan Maintenance / Roll Overs
- Monitoring upcoming activities on WSO and ensure all upcoming Loan Roll Overs are actioned
- Maintaining the loan notices mail box and action emails accordingly
- Liaising with loan agents and investment team as required to ensure loans are accurately maintained.
In addition to the above the role is expected to be wide ranging and involvement in other areas of activities of the team will be expected. There will also be specific project based work with regard to new workflows and systems implementation. Our expectation is that people will bring:
Qualifications Experience and qualifications required:
- Client Drive
- Efficient Decision Making
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who has a numeric background and is motivated by delivering high quality and accurate reporting to our investors.
The applicant will need to have achieved a 2.1 or higher at degree level. It is preferable that they will have more than 2 years' experience working within the industry. Given the nature of the role the successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate strong excel and communication skills and an ability to manage and prioritise multiple workflows. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Alcentra Group-HR13364 Requisition Number: