- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Lead Analyst for the Automotive industry- Corporate Ratings - Director - S&P Global Ratings
We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as a very experienced senior analyst based in one of our European offices. The individual must demonstrate an ability to work at Board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner with investors, the media and senior management teams.
We also expect the successful candidate to be comfortable in an environment that stimulates continuous improvement and innovation and the highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established methodologies, policies, and procedures.
- Take analytical responsibility for a portfolio of about of about 35-45 issuers, supported by a team of junior analysts. Develop and maintain effective relationships with these issuers.
- Represent S&P Global Ratings at meetings with senior management teams of existing or new issuers as well as at education meetings or seminars on analytical matters.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly pick up and maintain credit surveillance as primary analyst on a rating portfolio of about 5 - 10 credits (mainly tier 1), primarily within the Automotive industry in EMEA, with no or minimal supervision.
- Analyze original, non-routine or complex credit stories in a timely, orderly and insightful manner and present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Chair rating committees, which fall under the oversight responsibility and participate in global tier 1 committees as voter.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and appropriate application of our rating methodologies as well as thought leadership to internal and external audiences.
- Maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis.
- Ensure that analytical guidelines, procedures and policies are adhered to by the analytical staff.
- Manage, support and guide a team of junior analysts on their primary analytical responsibilities and develop their analytical and personal skills. Review, critique, and provide analytic feedback on credit analysis and publishing performed by the primary analysts and hold them accountable for their work.
- In coordination with the Analytical Manager, allocate resources for the portfolio of issuers, and actively manage regular or adhoc surveillance reviews and the related publishing.
- In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager, prepare and/or communicate thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g., publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, etc…).
- Participate as a sector expert in global industry focus team activities. Lead or contribute to analytical projects as needed and required - including criteria, research and thought leadership pieces (under the direction of Sector Lead and others).
- Act as backup analyst as required by Analytical Manager, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Strong, demonstrable experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution, rating agency or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations of 8 years or more.
- Strong industry expertise in the Automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Strong experience in leveraged finance or recovery analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in other European languages will be an advantage, particularly in German.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.