Director,Origination & Execution
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform sector specific financial and valuation analyses using various methodologies
- Build and supervise the building of detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyse the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Participate in all stages of transaction execution, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as comparison of M&A transaction structures and processes, strategic and tactical alternatives, capital markets impact and general corporate finance
- Participate in and take specific lead on cross-regional origination initiatives
- Participate in and lead the execution of transactions including due diligence and drafting of documents
- Research and supervise research on specific markets and industries
- Research and supervise research and financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Bank
- Day to day project management and execution lead/support
- Strong M&A transaction experience across multiple sectors
- Advisory experience in emerging markets helpful
- Some experience of public deals preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Refinitiv, Capital IQ, Bloomberg and SNL
- 1st or 2.1 first degree; additional Corporate Finance/professional educational qualifications helpful (legal/accountancy qualifications)
- Strong financial modelling skills, experience in drafting board presentations, excellent valuation skills and experience in conducting/organising due diligence exercises
- Generate prospectuses/ information memoranda/ investment teasers/ pitch books
- Strong attention to detail ensuring and supervising error free work output
- Driven, motivated personality
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines to produced timely and quality work
- Excellent teamwork / inter-personal / communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Coaching/overseeing more junior resources
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.