Director - API Banking Architecture
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:16 Aug 18
We have been retained by a TIER 1 Investment Bank in London who are rapidly expanding their API Banking capability; This is initially focused in the Cash Management domain where they aim to be the provider of choice to easily move money safely and instantly anywhere in the world, and be the gateway to financial products with risk management and business intelligence whenever clients need it. They are looking for an experienced Chief Solution Architect with experience of API Banking, that will help them shape the future for their Technology decision-making.
What will I be doing?
· Leading and guiding a team in developing solutions that fully integrate with existing IT systems, to solve complex business problems. The make-up of the team will vary over time, and much of the team will be virtual / indirect
· Developing enterprise solutions that take into consideration operational costs, security, performance-engineering, application development, and systems management
· Leveraging industry knowledge to lead workshops with business and technology stakeholders to review, develop, validate and finalise an API strategy. APIs will need to be provided for external access as well as internal integration
· Playing different roles within the team, from lead architect to skilled developer and technical team leader
· Managing a wide range of stakeholders in presenting concepts and delivery outcomes
· Pursuing strategic solutions in the context of ongoing project delivery pressures, requiring strong powers of influence, diplomacy and pragmatism
What are they looking for?
· Experience working in a Lead Solution Architect role in organisations of similar scale / complexity
· Full-Stack Engineering vision and ability to leverage breadth of experience and knowledge to architect and design solutions
· Leadership experience in architecting, developing and deploying industry strength solutions in client-access environments
· Experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer
· OpenShift and other PaaS environments, Java EE including (Web Services, REST, JPA), Data Stores (Oracle / MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra), Spring, OSGi, SOA, EDA, and Design patterns and Enterprise integration patterns (EIP), ideally experience in JBOSS/Fuse / Apache Camel
· API design standards, patterns, best-practices, and development.
· API management platforms (WSO2, Apigee, Axway, Mule etc.)
· Open API Specification (Swagger) or associated standards (RAML) and API security standards, governance, and implementation (Oauth2, OpenId)
· Open Banking APIs, PSD-2 and Berlin Group APIs, UPI APIs, MAS Banking API Framework.
· Access channel and external APIs, and integration using internal APIs
· Serverless and micro-services based architecture