Director - GDTA Product Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Some careers grow faster than others.
- To pro-actively manage and contribute to the development of the HSS UK TA product (including any associated digital channel offerings) in line with the agreed strategic objectives.
- To manage the commercialization of HSS' UK TA products to clients with the objective of contributing to enhancing the client experience and improving efficiency of the HSS business.
- To take a pro-active approach in monitoring the market and technology developments likely to be relevant to the securities services industry, specifically with regard to CASS, emerging solutions for Retail TA and generic digital technologies such as distributed ledger tech, API, robotics, biometrics etc.
- To represent HSS in local industry forums in Asset Manager and Transfer Agency forums.
- To provide leadership and sponsorship for all local initiatives either exploring or implementing new solutions, inc their likely impact on the future business value-chain.
- To provide thought leadership, representing HSS, in the field of Transfer Agency
- The role holder's ability to collaborate and work effectively in partnership with multiple stake holders is key to success in the role. The job-holder will ensure that strategic product initiatives and tactical enhancements to existing product are delivered to time and on budget.
Qualifications and Skills
- More than 10 years of professional experience in Transfer Agency and/ or Fund services
- Good understanding of UK Asset Management sector and Transfer Agency services/ competitors
- Well versed with all aspects of Transfer Agency service including core proposition for asset managers, intermediaries and Investors, KYC and due diligence requirements, CASS, Tax and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience in all aspects of Global Business management including staff development, client management, financials, marketing, product development and risk management.
- Proven track record in driving product development initiatives, innovation and demonstrating thought leadership
- Strategic and creative thinker, Result oriented, able to drive a 'think client' and 'think P&L' approach within defined risk parameters
- Able to manage a complex and multi-disciplinary global environment ('building bridges')
- Strong leadership qualities of decision making, authority and people motivator
- Good communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work in pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively and be a good team player at the same time
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies and their impact on the Transfer Agency services, eg distributed ledger tech, API, robotics, AI, cloud computing, biometrics etc.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.