We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Main purpose of the role:
The role is to create, restructure & implement the Client Management Services model across MUFG Bank Ltd (London), MUSE and MUS EU initially. The role creates an entity agnostic centralised function that manages the client experience, end to end, and ensures delivery of priorities to meet the objectives laid out in the firms business plan
The role is also to recruit and lead the Client Management Services team, once established/implemented, to ensure efficient delivery whilst operating within policy, operational risk appetite and capacity constraints.
In this role you will be responsible for the setup & ongoing management of a new function with a target of delivering efficiencies within year 1. You will be responsible for:
- All non-Revenue Client Interaction activity and management which specifically includes Client on-boarding, KYC/AML activities, client profitability management/management, client data, KRI/KPI establishment and tracking - all of which is entity agonstic and across all FO business lines and our clients.
- Responsible for driving standardisation, simplification and a holistic MUFG front to our clients including data/MI
- Ownership of appropriate 1st LoD client related control activity related to Clients
- Ownership & management of all regulatory / non-reg client outreach planning and activities (i.e. IBOR, Brexit..etc)
- Increasing the functions coverage of remaining EMEA locations; Coverage of the JCIB client base
- Increasing support for FO Coverage activity, ie Pitch Books; Deal Roadshows..etc
- EMEA website enquiries; event engagement / feedback; reputational incidents enquiry management
- Form strong partnerships with project sponsors, stakeholders, users and all department involved in client experience;
- As-is transition & integration of resources / roles to new function
- Establishment and embedding of the functional mandate and handshakes with 1 & 2LoD to define and deliver a clear organisation structure (policy/procedure and reporting)
- Secured interim / strategic delivery roadmap and identified efficiency targets
- Sequenced plan of activity, including tool identification and resource requirements
- Establish & own Outreach Centre of Excellence
- Responsible for representing Client centrentic agenda and requirements to programmes/projects or required internal governance committees/forums
- Active member of required Programme Steering Committee and/or Working Group to determine and oversee the ownership, funding and delivery of Client related initiatives.
- Build and mentor a talented team, motivating them to clearly understand how they deliver the firm’s strategy.
- Role Profile definition; resource identification; new function logistics setup
Skills and Experience (Functional and Technical):
- Strong track record of Client onboarding and lifecycle management with a “hands-on experience” of business subject matter;
- Strong Leadership and management especially in a matrix organization
- Broader knowledge of investment and corportate banking products and services and how they impact or support clients across sectors / regions
One or more of the following is essential –
- 10 years + in FO (1LoD) management environment experience in the area of focus of your Programme
- 10 years + Business management experience with strong Client centricity focus delivery
- 5 years + Project management experience with a proven track record of delivery
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level education in relevent subject (e.g. finance, maths, physics etc.)
- Other beneficial qualifications (e.g. MBA, CFA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to foster strong relationships and manage senior stakeholders
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- A cultural leader and carrier
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.